I’ve been meaning to do this post for a while now but just haven’t got around to it!
Over the past few months, I seem to have built up quite a collection of mini products! By ‘mini’ I mean those ‘deluxe’ sample products you often get as additional free gifts when you make a purchase. For what ever reason in the past, I have never bothered with these little samples and they have always ended up being thrown away, however, recently I have found myself wanting to try make-up/skincare products before buying (or trying completely new-to-me products to see if they benefit me in any way). It’s always been VERY important to me to find products that work for me and won’t just sit around gathering dust especially if I’ve spent a fair bit of money on them.
I’m just going to go ahead and share some mini’s that I’ve ended up trying out over the past few months – what I’ve loved/purchased full-size and what I wasn’t so keen on.
- Origins A Perfect World Cleanser I do quite like this cleanser. I’ts a bit like your old fashioned face wash and works in the same way. It’s not too ‘soapy’ and does a good job at removing make-up quickly. I might go on to purchasing the full size product but still not too sure about it.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask Before coming across this little sample, I was never interested in trying out an over-night mask, I just don’t like the idea of them. I did however give this one a go. I only used it twice and wasn’t disappointed. It made my skin feel really soft and nourished in the morning and I felt like I didn’t have to worry about having flaky skin under my make-up through out the day. I don’t think I’ll buy the full size – just because I don’t feel like I need an over-night mask right now.
- Origins GinZing Scrub Cleanser I really did not like this product. The ‘scrub’ aspect of it did not do anything for me. It did make my skin feel fresh and awake, but not exfoliated. I won’t be rushing out to buy this product anytime soon..ever.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara I LOVE this and I will definitely be getting myself a full size! It has such a voluptuous, brush style, old-fashioned wand that really hugs the lashes and makes them BIG. I’m not a big fan of falsies and with this mascara I don’t even need them! Definitely a must-try for mascara lovers.
- YSL All Hours Foundation (BD30) I’m a huge fan of YSL make-up and when I heard they were launching their All Hours foundation I knew I had to have it, but as with everything – I was unsure so I headed over to my nearest counter and bagged myself a few shade samples to test out and see if the product was worth the hype. (It was so worth the hype) I got myself the full size and use it almost everyday now!
- Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask It sounds like a harsh thing to say but I really hated this cleanser! It made my face feel sore and ‘squeaky’. It also made my eyes sting even though I didn’t actually get any in my eyes. It probably just didn’t suit me and might work on some one else. For me it was just a big no.
- Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum I actually somehow ended up with two of these samples (30ml total which is basically what the full size product is) and I am currently using it in my skin care routine only at night time. I do enjoy using it before my moisturiser as I feel it makes my skin feel more hydrated come morning. I’m not sure about whether I will go on to purchase or not.
- Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay I loved this mask SO much and went on to buy the full size which I featured in my November Favourites post.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream I am still in the process of testing this eye cream. I’m not too sure about it as I do feel that the it has a more heavier feel to it than your more traditional eye creams. I’m still quite happy with my Clinique All About Eyes eye cream and don’t see the need to switch at the moment.
- Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base Lastly another product which I fell in love with. It makes the most perfect base for make-up, especially since my skin can get dry throughout the day and I really hate it when my make-up gets flaky. I also featured this in my November Favourites post so you can read all about it there.
Hope this has been a good read! How do you feel about samples? Do you try-before-you buy too?
Love, Taslima x